Constantly striving for higher global environmental sustainability
As a global company, we are committed to raising awareness and enhancing our business practices in ways that respect and preserve the environment. We incorporate this commitment into many aspects of our operations—from planning fuel-efficient routes to flying technologically advanced and environmentally friendly aircraft and working with partners who share our vision and commitment. Some examples:
- Our fleet consists of modern aircraft that boast superior fuel efficiency, extended range, significant noise reduction, higher capacity, and faster loading capabilities. The focus is on reducing the environmental impact in all of our operations.
- Our newest 747-8F aircraft are approximately 15% more fuel-efficient than our 400s, which translates into approximately 15% lower carbon dioxide emissions. They are also 30% quieter.
- Our state-of-the-art fuel-management information system, FuelWise, is a program that enables us to track fuel-burn rates more accurately and efficiently and helps identify additional opportunities to conserve fuel.
- We work closely with our customers to optimize fuel usage and plan the most fuel-efficient routes that meet their airfreight and charter passenger needs.
- Atlas Air is an active participant in industry and governmental initiatives to optimize air traffic management systems. Advances here could result in substantial reductions in fuel use and emissions. We are also setting groundwork to participate in CORSIA, the global carbon emissions program governing international flying starting in 2021.
- We have an outstanding record on the ground, with no significant spills of fuel, de-icing fluids, or other liquids.