Continually drive value for our customers, employees, and shareholders
Atlas Air Worldwide’s strategy reflects an unwavering belief that growth and profitability depend on finding and providing new ways to increase value for our customers and, in this way, our shareholders. Our overarching strategy includes the following five key tactics:
- Focus on long-term customer contracts: These agreements provide stable revenue streams and predictable margins. In addition, these agreements limit our direct exposure to fuel and other costs and mitigate the risk of fluctuations in both yield and demand in the airfreight business, while also improving the overall utilization of our fleet.
- Aggressively manage our fleet with a focus on leading-edge aircraft: We actively manage our fleet of leading-edge, wide-body freighter aircraft to meet customer demands. Our 747-8F and 777-200LRF aircraft are primarily utilized in our ACMI business, while our 747-400s are utilized in our ACMI and Charter business. Our Dry Leasing business is primarily focused on a portfolio of six modern, efficient 777-200LRF aircraft and our growing fleet of 767-300 freighter aircraft for regional and domestic operations. We will continue to explore opportunities to invest in additional aircraft, including 767 aircraft.
- Drive significant and ongoing productivity improvements: We continue to enhance our organization through a cost and productivity initiative called “Continuous Improvement.” We created a separate department to drive the process and to involve all areas of the organization in the effort to reexamine, redesign and improve the way we do business.
- Selectively pursue and evaluate future acquisitions and alliances: From time to time, we explore business combinations and alliances with other cargo airlines, services providers, dry leasing and other companies to enhance our competitive position, geographic reach, and service portfolio.
- Appropriately managing capital allocation and returning capital to shareholders: Our commitment to creating, enhancing and returning value to our shareholders reflects a disciplined and balanced capital allocation strategy. Our focus is on maintaining a strong balance sheet, investing in modern, efficient assets, and returning capital to shareholders.